Choose your Medical Billing & Coding program from the list of Arkansas schools below. You may choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs, and from a variety of reputable Medical Billing degrees. Currently, the Jonesboro, Little Rock, and Fort Smith areas have the highest number of openings for Medical Billing & Coding professionals in Arkansas. Most of these medical providers require the completion of higher education before they will hire an employee to fill a position as a Medical Biller & Coder. Potential Medical Billing & Coding programs are listed below.
As an Arkansas Medical Billing & Coding professional, you will:
- Document patient symptom and treatment information
- Code information according to universal medical coding systems
- Communicate treatment and billing information with insurance carriers
- Manage reimbursement for hospitals and physician practices
Some career figures for Medical Billers in Arkansas:
- Average annual salary: $31,050
- Currently employed: 1,600
- Employment outlook: 20% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.