Choose your Medical Billing & Coding program from the list of California schools below. You may choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs, and from a variety of reputable Medical Billing degrees. The areas in Califronia with a large number of Medical Billing & Coding professionals include Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Diego. As the nation’s largest state, California boasts many health care facilities and colleges that train medical professionals.
Many Medical Billing professionals work from home. Make sure you find the best training program possible to take advantage of this unique career path.
As a California Medical Billing & Coding professional, you will:
- Document patient symptom and treatment information
- Code information according to universal medical coding systems
- Communicate treatment and billing information with insurance carriers
- Manage reimbursement for hospitals and physician practices
Some career figures for medical billing & coding graduates in California:
- Average annual salary: $39,520
- Currently employed: 17,340
- Employment outlook: 20% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
California Medical Billing & Coding Schools Enrolling Now
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter our school, to graduation and beyond, we are right by your side. Our mission is to prepare students for employment by providing industry-relevant education and training within a positive, supportive and caring environment.
Whether it’s a career in the healthcare field, computers or business, UEI College is here to help. Our quality hands-on training will prepare you for real world situations.
Every member of our faculty and staff works hard to pass on their real-world knowledge and provide tools their students can use to excel in their chosen field and carry that knowledge on well past their time at UEI College. Many of our programs can be completed in as little as 8 – 9 months.*
Need help finding a job? Our career services department will assist you with your search, your resume and your interview skills. Need help paying for school? Our student financial services department will determine if you qualify for financial aid or even scholarships!
If you don’t have your High School Diploma, ask us about your options! As a student in one of our eligible career pathway programs, you’ll have the opportunity to earn your High School Diploma while you complete your career training! Best of all, the opportunity to complete high school is available to you at no additional cost!**
Our schools are accredited and ready to get you started on your path to success.
At UEI College, “We put U First.” ™
**Not all programs are eligible.
Not all programs available at all locations.
*Timing varies by program. UEI – Huntington Park, Anaheim, Chula Vista, El Monte, Encino, Ontario, San Marcos, Stockton, and Morrow are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACC
- El Monte
- Medical Billing & Insurance Coding
At Brightwood College, we offer accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience focused on helping you gain skills for your chosen career.
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
Within the classroom, it is our mission to not only provide vocational training, but to help you develop the professional skills, values, attitudes and strategies that will enhance your potential for success on campus, in your career and through life.
The success of our students is our greatest success. Because when our students succeed, we’ve completed the job we set out to do: empower the courageous, and enable real and relevant change.
- San Diego
- Chula Vista
- Health Information Technology
- Medical Billing & Coding Specialist
Sullivan University Online
Sullivan University is Kentucky’s largest private college or university, offering higher education for people with higher goals. At Sullivan University, we focus on in-demand programs that lead to successful careers. Whether you’re a high school student considering college, or someone seeking professional development, you’ll be surprised at the alternatives Sullivan University offers. Our streamlined programs are designed to fit into your lifestyle. With online course offerings, we work around your busy schedule to help you find a flexible plan that suits you. We offer everything from certificates and diplomas to advanced degrees so you can find a program that fits. For over 50 years, Sullivan has prepared students for lifelong success. Our course offerings have continually evolved to meet the practical needs of the business world, and our work continues with unlimited employment assistance to help graduates find jobs nationwide. Find out what makes Sullivan the right fit for you!
- Sullivan University Online
- Certificate - Medical Coding
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
- Career Step
- Professional Medical Coding & Billing - Certificate
Allied Professional Healthcare School
Are you looking to enhance your skills or begin a challenging new career? Allied Professional Healthcare School can help by providing a high quality education to help you achieve your goals.
Our online learning environment caters to the unique needs of busy adults seeking to develop necessary skills to begin a new career or change career paths. That’s why Allied Professional Healthcare School has more than 1 million enrollments since 1992. Benefits like live education and tech support, interest-free pay plans and 24/7 course access ensure our students maintain a comfortable balance between their training goals and daily life.
We’re proud to offer you the complete educational experience from start to finish, including:
- Up-To-Date Learning Methods. All course materials are kept current, updated regularly and specifically designed for the online learning experience.
- Live Support. Even when you study at home, you’re never alone. Our fully-staffed Educational Support and Student Services Departments are here to answer any questions you have.
- Career Search Preparation. Receive valuable feedback and tips on resumes, cover letters networking, interviewing and more.
- Peace of Mind. With our comprehensive course materials, staff support, and on-the-job training opportunities, you can have the confidence you need to be able to perform your job responsibilities efficiently and effectively.
How Allied Professional Healthcare School Students Benefit:
- Convenient Online Classes-Start Training on Your Schedule!
- High Quality Education that’s 100% Online
- No Class Waitlist
- National Accreditation
Education that Meets Your Unique Needs:
- Prepare for a new career path and brighter future
- Enhance skills and reinforce your current career
- Military-friendly education (Tuition Assistance and MyCAA accepted)
At Allied Professional Healthcare School, we strive to:
- Deliver quality career training that fits your schedule
- Provide the live support you need to successfully complete your training and launch a career you’ll love
- Prepare you for success in the real world
- Medical Coding