Choose your Medical Billing & Coding program from the list of Connecticut schools below. You may choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs, and from a variety of reputable Medical Billing degrees. The Bridgeport, Hartford, and New Haven areas have many employment opportunities for Medical Billers & Coders. Connecticut hospitals and clinics are in need of Medical Billing & Coding professionals, many of whom are graduates of the programs listed below.
As a Connecticut Medical Billing & Coding professional, you will:
- Document patient symptom and treatment information
- Code information according to universal medical coding systems
- Communicate treatment and billing information with insurance carriers
- Manage reimbursement for hospitals and physician practices
Some career figures for Medical Billers in Connecticut:
- Average annual salary: $38,450
- Currently employed: 1,460
- Employment outlook: 20% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.