Choose your Medical Billing & Coding program from the list of Connecticut schools below. You may choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs, and from a variety of reputable Medical Billing degrees. The Bridgeport, Hartford, and New Haven areas have many employment opportunities for Medical Billers & Coders. Connecticut hospitals and clinics are in need of Medical Billing & Coding professionals, many of whom are graduates of the programs listed below.
As a Connecticut Medical Billing & Coding professional, you will:
- Document patient symptom and treatment information
- Code information according to universal medical coding systems
- Communicate treatment and billing information with insurance carriers
- Manage reimbursement for hospitals and physician practices
Some career figures for Medical Billers in Connecticut:
- Average annual salary: $38,450
- Currently employed: 1,460
- Employment outlook: 20% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Connecticut Medical Billing & Coding Schools Enrolling Now
College of Westchester
Since 1915, The College of Westchester (CW) has focused on the career success of its students. CW’s academic programs are carefully designed to provide the skills and competencies most desired by employers. Our campus environment is highly personal and our culture centers on service to students. CW faculty is selected based on experience, credentials and a caring attitude to bring real world knowledge to the classroom. The College’s technologies and web-enhanced learning tools give students anywhere, anytime connectivity to courses, professors, classmates and services. The College of Westchester offers an exceptional experience that can lead to a lifetime of achievement and success.
Keiser University eCampus Online
For more than 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, career-focused education in fields such as health care, business, criminal justice and information technology. Our one-class-at-a-time schedules allow busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family. Whether you choose to attend online, on campus, or both you will be part of a caring learning environment led by experienced faculty who bring textbooks to life with real-world challenges and solutions. Our unique combination of a curriculum that is in pace with technology and the skills employers value along with our “students first” approach provides an outstanding academic experience.
Why Keiser University Online
Online Convenience to Help You Achieve Your Goals
From faculty to admissions, our staff is dedicated to your success.
- Accessible faculty and staff with small classes to ensure personalized attention for each student
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology in a user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources with access to all student services, including registration, instructional materials and an online library system with a wide range of academic journals, e-books, streaming videos, print titles and research databases
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools1
- Financial aid and scholarships available for those who qualify
- Military-friendly and committed to serving active members of the military, veterans and their families, with scholarships available for those who qualify.
- Approved for veterans training
- Transfer credits accepted subject to university approval
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and is a valued choice for career-motivated students. We offer associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in fields that are in demand, and we provide job placement assistance to students and alumni.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
1 Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.