Choose your Medical Billing & Coding program from the list of Florida schools below. You may choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs, and from a variety of reputable Medical Billing degrees. The Sunshine State offers Medical Billing and Coding training programs that will prepare graduates for positions across the state, including Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Orlando, and Tampa. With recent population growth in Florida, medical professionals are in high demand. Florida also has a large number of health care facilities that are in need of Medical Billing & Coding professionals, from small clinics to large hospitals.
Many Medical Billing professionals work from home. Make sure you find the best training program possible to take advantage of this unique career path.
As a Florida Medical Billing & Coding professional, you will:
- Document patient symptom and treatment information
- Code information according to universal medical coding systems
- Communicate treatment and billing information with insurance carriers
- Manage reimbursement for hospitals and physician practices
Some career figures for medical billing & coding graduates in Florida:
- Average annual salary: $33,860
- Currently employed: 10,880
- Employment outlook: 20% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.