Choose your Medical Billing & Coding program from the list of Florida schools below. You may choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs, and from a variety of reputable Medical Billing degrees. The Sunshine State offers Medical Billing and Coding training programs that will prepare graduates for positions across the state, including Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Orlando, and Tampa. With recent population growth in Florida, medical professionals are in high demand. Florida also has a large number of health care facilities that are in need of Medical Billing & Coding professionals, from small clinics to large hospitals.
Many Medical Billing professionals work from home. Make sure you find the best training program possible to take advantage of this unique career path.
As a Florida Medical Billing & Coding professional, you will:
- Document patient symptom and treatment information
- Code information according to universal medical coding systems
- Communicate treatment and billing information with insurance carriers
- Manage reimbursement for hospitals and physician practices
Some career figures for medical billing & coding graduates in Florida:
- Average annual salary: $33,860
- Currently employed: 10,880
- Employment outlook: 20% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Florida Medical Billing & Coding Schools Enrolling Now
Florida Career College
Florida Career College’s mission is to successfully prepare our graduates for new career opportunities.
Our objectives are to:
- Offer graduates viable career options by providing quality educational programs based on employer-driven requirements.
- Create a positive learning environment that recognizes individuality and enables students to meet their unique educational goals.
- Generate excitement and foster the desire to learn through diverse teaching methods.
- Maintain a qualified, caring faculty and staff dedicated to the personal and professional development of each student.
- Remain at the forefront of education by supporting continuing education and training for graduates, faculty, and staff.
- Instill a quality philosophy in students, staff, and faculty to continually exceed expectations.
- Prepare and encourage students to pursue life-long learning.
At Florida Career College, we firmly believe that good training is the primary factor in achieving personal success.
At Keiser University we are here to help you succeed by providing the professional and academic foundation to meet your educational goals and objectives. Keiser University continues to be a valuable partner to employers, the community, and, above all, a valued choice for students serious about their education and career.
Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.
We Make Higher Education A Successful Investment
At Rasmussen College, our focus has always been and will remain on making your higher education experience a successful investment. We help you achieve the success you want-both in your courses and in your career.
Through our Tuition Lock, which guarantees your tuition costs will not increase from enrollment to graduation, you can focus on your courses with peace of mind that your tuition costs will remain the same.* Plus, our seamless transfer policies help maximize your credit transfer and minimize your time to graduation-saving you time and money.
To help you prepare for career success, our classroom experience replicates the real world. In small classes led by industry-experienced faculty, you receive hands-on learning and gain relevant skills through internship opportunities, field training exercises, and other program-relevant experiences.
To help you advance your career as quickly as possible, you can complete your Bachelor’s degree in our AcceleratED Bachelor’s Degree Completion Program in as little as 18 months.* Our other programs also have a streamlined completion time: you can earn your Associate’s degree in as little as 18 months or a Certificate in as little as nine months.
At Rasmussen College, we are committed to developing our students into confident professionals who are leaders in their field. Students can choose to earn an in-demand degree in one of our seven schools of study (program availability varies by campus):
- School of Business
- School of Design
- School of Education
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Justice Studies
- School of Nursing
- School of Technology
Five Reasons to Choose Rasmussen College
- AcceleratED: You can earn an in-demand Bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and help advance your career.*
- Transfer Credits: Our transfer policies are designed to maximize your credit transfer and minimize your time to graduation. You can earn college credit for prior learning and military experience, transfer your Associate’s degree (regardless of area of study), or test out of courses, and transfer up to 120 credits into your Bachelor’s degree.*
- Career Services Assistance: Through resume preparation, mock interviews, and job searching, our dedicated career services advisors work to help you find the in-demand position that is right for you.
- Market-Relevant Experience: From our practical and relevant curriculum, to our faculty with industry-specific professional experience, Rasmussen College provides you with a practical education experience to help you land the job you want.
- Financial Aid: Our knowledgeable financial aid advisors work with you to develop a financial aid solution that is customized to suit your specific situation. Our advisors show you the loan, grant, and scholarship opportunities you may qualify for in a stress-free and seamless application environment.
About Rasmussen College
With more than 110 years of academic excellence, Rasmussen College is a trusted and respected higher education institution with campuses in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, North Dakota, Florida, and online throughout the nation. Since 1900, Rasmussen College has been dedicated to helping our students succeed both in the classroom and in their careers.
*Continuously enrolled students in Certificate, Diploma, and Associate’s degree programs will not be subject to a tuition increase for two years from the time they begin their program of study. Continuously enrolled students in Bachelor’s degrees will not be subject to tuition increase for four years from the time they begin their program of study.
*Time to complete is dependent on number of credits transferred in and credits taken per quarter. Rasmussen College reserves the right to deny or accept transfer credits per the policies in the course catalog.
Medtech remains committed to assisting its students with their educational journeys to change their lives through the ultimate self-improvement of education. Through our allied health and nursing programs, in addition to short-term courses, we are able to meet the diverse needs of the students and the communities which we serve. We are confident that each and every student can receive an extraordinary experience with Medtech.
Everest Colleges, Institutes and Universities provides postsecondary education programs that prepare students for careers in some of America’s fastest growing industries, including health care, business and technology. Everest takes a very personal approach to career education, offering small classes, intimate work groups and support systems designed to help students succeed both inside and outside the classroom. Even after students graduate, Everest’s Career Services department is there to provide ongoing career coaching and help locating local employment opportunities. Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
Florida Technical College
Florida Technical College programs are exciting and dynamic, evolving over the years to meet the needs of students and the job marketplace. FTC students receive the new iPad with e-books instead of textbooks, which allows FTC students to tackle coursework anywhere, at anytime.
Take your life in an exciting new direction with an education from Virginia College! Graduates of Virginia College can be confident in the skills and training that they’ve received because programs are designed for their success. Virginia College focuses on the needs of the job market of each industry, creating programs that meet the needs of students and future employees alike.
Virginia College provides the convenience of flexible class schedules with the benefits of small class sizes. Financial aid is available for those who qualify, helping open doors for everyone who wants to improve his or her education and opportunities!
Virginia College provides a number of choices in order to offer you the education that best fits your needs and goals, from diploma and associate degree programs to bachelor degree programs at some locations. Virginia College’s school of business management even offers graduate degrees at select campuses. Programs are also offered in a number of different fields, providing choices as varied as graphic design degrees or paralegal studies. Whether you’re interested in criminal justice schools or a cosmetology college, Virginia College has a choice that’s right for you!
Classes Start February 18th, 2015!
Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools.
*Programs vary by campus
As a student at Southeastern College, you will gain the training, skills, and knowledge you need to start a rewarding career in growing occupations such as practical nursing, emergency medical services, medical assisting, massage therapy, and pharmacy technology. Our career-focused programs and flexible class schedules make Southeastern a great choice for busy working adults.
Allen School of Health Sciences - Online
Unlike other schools, the Allen School specializes in training medical professionals ONLY. That’s why doctor’s line up to hire Allen School graduates. Plus, with Allen School’s unique Fast-Track to Success program, you can learn in as little as 9 months what other schools require 15 months to complete. You qualify for the same job, the same pay and get 6 full months of your life back. Bottom line: you save time and money. Only the Allen School has it.
Allen School is Nationally Accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education and Licensed by the States of NY & AZ.