Choose your Medical Billing & Coding program from the list of Illinois schools below. You may choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs, and from a variety of reputable Medical Billing degrees. Illinois has one of the best career outlooks of all states in the Midwest for Medical Billing & Coding professionals. The Chicago area offers Medical Billing & Coding positions at its multiple hospitals and clinics. Most of the professionals in the state have graduated from one of Illinois’ many Medical Billing & Coding schools.
Many Medical Billing professionals work from home. Make sure you find the best training program possible to take advantage of this unique career path.
As an Illinois Medical Billing & Coding professional, you will:
- Document patient symptom and treatment information
- Code information according to universal medical coding systems
- Communicate treatment and billing information with insurance carriers
- Manage reimbursement for hospitals and physician practices
Some career figures for Medical Billers in Illinois:
- Average annual salary: $34,690
- Currently employed: 7,090
- Employment outlook: 20% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Illinois Medical Billing & Coding Schools Enrolling Now
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job