Choose your Medical Billing & Coding program from the list of Illinois schools below. You may choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs, and from a variety of reputable Medical Billing degrees. Illinois has one of the best career outlooks of all states in the Midwest for Medical Billing & Coding professionals. The Chicago area offers Medical Billing & Coding positions at its multiple hospitals and clinics. Most of the professionals in the state have graduated from one of Illinois’ many Medical Billing & Coding schools.
Many Medical Billing professionals work from home. Make sure you find the best training program possible to take advantage of this unique career path.
As an Illinois Medical Billing & Coding professional, you will:
- Document patient symptom and treatment information
- Code information according to universal medical coding systems
- Communicate treatment and billing information with insurance carriers
- Manage reimbursement for hospitals and physician practices
Some career figures for Medical Billers in Illinois:
- Average annual salary: $34,690
- Currently employed: 7,090
- Employment outlook: 20% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Illinois Medical Billing & Coding Schools Enrolling Now
Why wait for the career you want?
For over 110 years, Northwestern College has been proud to help students like you succeed. Offering career training that will fit your busy schedule, we have continually shaped our curricula to meet the growing and shifting demands of today’s workforce.
What sets Northwestern College apart?
Students come first. Whether you’re a recent high school grad or have been out of school and working for a while, we strive to provide you with a direct path to your career. From our friendly and experienced faculty to our career-focused education, our mission is to help prepare you for a lifetime of opportunities.
Discover all that Northwestern College has to offer:
- Financial aid and scholarships (for those who qualify)
- Day, evening, weekend, and online courses
- Academic and career advising
- Free tutoring sessions
- Employment assistance
- Externship opportunities
- An encouraging learning environment
Why wait when you can start TODAY?
If you’re ready to take the next step in your education and your career, let us help! Begin by requesting more information about our programs.
We Make Higher Education A Successful Investment
At Rasmussen College, our focus has always been and will remain on making your higher education experience a successful investment. We help you achieve the success you want-both in your courses and in your career.
Through our Tuition Lock, which guarantees your tuition costs will not increase from enrollment to graduation, you can focus on your courses with peace of mind that your tuition costs will remain the same.* Plus, our seamless transfer policies help maximize your credit transfer and minimize your time to graduation-saving you time and money.
To help you prepare for career success, our classroom experience replicates the real world. In small classes led by industry-experienced faculty, you receive hands-on learning and gain relevant skills through internship opportunities, field training exercises, and other program-relevant experiences.
To help you advance your career as quickly as possible, you can complete your Bachelor’s degree in our AcceleratED Bachelor’s Degree Completion Program in as little as 18 months.* Our other programs also have a streamlined completion time: you can earn your Associate’s degree in as little as 18 months or a Certificate in as little as nine months.
At Rasmussen College, we are committed to developing our students into confident professionals who are leaders in their field. Students can choose to earn an in-demand degree in one of our seven schools of study (program availability varies by campus):
- School of Business
- School of Design
- School of Education
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Justice Studies
- School of Nursing
- School of Technology
Five Reasons to Choose Rasmussen College
- AcceleratED: You can earn an in-demand Bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and help advance your career.*
- Transfer Credits: Our transfer policies are designed to maximize your credit transfer and minimize your time to graduation. You can earn college credit for prior learning and military experience, transfer your Associate’s degree (regardless of area of study), or test out of courses, and transfer up to 120 credits into your Bachelor’s degree.*
- Career Services Assistance: Through resume preparation, mock interviews, and job searching, our dedicated career services advisors work to help you find the in-demand position that is right for you.
- Market-Relevant Experience: From our practical and relevant curriculum, to our faculty with industry-specific professional experience, Rasmussen College provides you with a practical education experience to help you land the job you want.
- Financial Aid: Our knowledgeable financial aid advisors work with you to develop a financial aid solution that is customized to suit your specific situation. Our advisors show you the loan, grant, and scholarship opportunities you may qualify for in a stress-free and seamless application environment.
About Rasmussen College
With more than 110 years of academic excellence, Rasmussen College is a trusted and respected higher education institution with campuses in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, North Dakota, Florida, and online throughout the nation. Since 1900, Rasmussen College has been dedicated to helping our students succeed both in the classroom and in their careers.
*Continuously enrolled students in Certificate, Diploma, and Associate’s degree programs will not be subject to a tuition increase for two years from the time they begin their program of study. Continuously enrolled students in Bachelor’s degrees will not be subject to tuition increase for four years from the time they begin their program of study.
*Time to complete is dependent on number of credits transferred in and credits taken per quarter. Rasmussen College reserves the right to deny or accept transfer credits per the policies in the course catalog.
Allen School of Health Sciences - Online
Unlike other schools, the Allen School specializes in training medical professionals ONLY. That’s why doctor’s line up to hire Allen School graduates. Plus, with Allen School’s unique Fast-Track to Success program, you can learn in as little as 9 months what other schools require 15 months to complete. You qualify for the same job, the same pay and get 6 full months of your life back. Bottom line: you save time and money. Only the Allen School has it.
Allen School is Nationally Accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education and Licensed by the States of NY & AZ.
San Joaquin Valley College
San Joaquin Valley College is an accredited private junior college committed to the professional success of its students and graduates. Founded in 1977, SJVC has campuses located throughout California – including an Online division – and offers a variety of accelerated Certificate and Associate of Science degree programs in the business, medical and technical fields. Students benefit from a balance of classroom instruction, hands-on training and learning the skills they need to go straight to work in today’s competitive job market.
Ultimate Medical Academy Online
At Ultimate Medical Academy (UMA) we specialize in healthcare education in a supportive atmosphere that promotes student success. We educate future allied health professionals through our online classroom and at our campuses in Clearwater and Tampa, Florida. Since 1994, UMA has educated thousands of students for careers in the healthcare industry.
Keiser University eCampus Online
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, healthcare and computer technology. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.