Choose your Medical Billing & Coding program from the list of Massachusetts schools below. You may choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs, and from a variety of reputable Medical Billing degrees. The Boston, Worcester, Springfield, Lowell, and Cambridge areas have the most Medical Billing & Coding positions available for those seeking employment; however, the state’s dense population increases the chance that position will be available near you. Schooling for aspiring Medical Billers & Coders is available across the state, and employers look to local colleges and universities, like the ones below, to hire recent graduates.
As a Massachusetts Medical Billing & Coding professional, you will:
- Document patient symptom and treatment information
- Code information according to universal medical coding systems
- Communicate treatment and billing information with insurance carriers
- Manage reimbursement for hospitals and physician practices
Some career figures for Medical Billers in Massachusetts:
- Average annual salary: $40,230
- Currently employed: 5,710
- Employment outlook: 20% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Massachusetts Medical Billing & Coding Schools Enrolling Now
Branford Hall Career Institute
Branford Hall for quality education.
People who live in the Northeast U.S. are learning that Branford Hall is one of the fastest, most effective paths to a career that can be both professionally and financially rewarding.
For more than 40 years, Branford Hall has been recognized as a leader in quality career education.
There are Branford Hall campuses located conveniently in Branford, Windsor, Southington, CT; Springfield, MA; Parsippany, Woodland Park, North Brunswick, and Jersey City, NJ; Albany, Amityville and Bohemia, NY.
Branford Hall’s programs include:
- Medical Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Health Claims Specialist
- Computer Networking Management
- Massage Therapy
- Professional Fitness Trainer
- Culinary Arts
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- Computer Networking and Security
- Graphic Design and Animation
- Surgical Technology
Not all programs are offered at all campuses.
At Branford Hall, you’ll enjoy these benefits:
Financial Aid Programs
Financial aid is available to those who qualify. Federal Financial Aid may not be available for all programs at all campuses. Branford Hall’s dedicated financial aid advisors can help you review the financial aid options available to you
Branford Hall is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award diplomas.
Career Placement Assistance
Branford Hall maintains a full-time Career Services Department to help graduates find their first job in their career choice, through employment referrals and training in effective job search techniques.
If you want a satisfying, rewarding career with a bright future, Branford Hall will provide you with the quality education and training to get there. Contact us today!
Lincoln College of New England
At Lincoln College of New England (LCNE), we offer everything you’ll find at traditional 4-year colleges: quality academics, a wide range of career-focused programs to choose from and a highly knowledgeable faculty. We pride ourselves on what sets us apart from traditional schools: a personal approach with strong emphasis on your individual success as a student.
Our personalized approach to academics has been LCNE’s trademark for success. We maintain a limited class size and employ dedicated college instructors to make this student-centric approach possible. This personalized academic route is what truly defines LCNE and sets us apart from other colleges. It gives our graduates the competitive advantage they need to set out into the workforce.
Lincoln College of New England offers students degree programs in the fields of Health Sciences, Business, Communications, Hospitality, and much more. All of our Bachelor’s Degrees, Associate Degrees, and Certificate programs offer in-depth curricula to help you excel in the career of your choice. Students can also take advantage of flexible class schedules and available on-campus housing. Whichever program you choose, count on success in your future career with the skills, confidence and credentials you’ll gain at Lincoln College of New England!
Bryan University Online
Bryan University has a proven track record of successfully preparing graduates for over 70 years. Through hands-on, student-centered learning experiences, coupled with individualized support, Bryan students graduate with practical, productive skills that lead directly to high-demand professional careers. Unlike traditional institutions, Bryan also offers job placement assistance and lifetime refresher courses to ensure its graduates remain competitive for many years to come. Bryan enjoys a position within the higher education spectrum that is unique, respected, enviable and worthy of emulation.
Seize the opportunities in this growing industry.
With an estimated 71,200 job openings through the year 2024, you’ll enjoy the flexibility to choose a career path, such as:
- Certified Medical Biller and Coder – assign codes to patient records using ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS codebooks for different diagnoses and medical procedures for in-patient and out-patient settings.
- Medical Office Administrator – responsible to keep the healthcare organization running smoothly and efficiently by directing and coordinating operations.
- Medical Records Technician – work to organize, monitor, update and maintain healthcare providers’ electronic medical records.
- Medical Secretary – maintain medical records, charts, correspondence, case history, reports, and insurance documents, among other duties.
- Insurance Claims Analyst – review insurance policy to determine coverage, prepare insurance claim forms, calculate claim amounts, and transmit claims for payment or further investigation.
Preparing now means you’ll be ready for the jobs of the future.
Diverse Work Settings
With a degree in Medical Billing, Coding and Electronic Health Records, gain the skills to be job-ready. Find yourself working with healthcare organizations such as:
- Ambulatory Care Settings
- Physician Offices
- Health Information Vendors
- Long-Term Care Facilities
- Insurance Companies
- Behavioral Health Settings
- College Health Settings
At Bryan University, we give you a clear pathway, so that you’re ready to make your next career move as soon as you graduate. Learn how we put you on the path.
Keiser University eCampus Online
For more than 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, career-focused education in fields such as health care, business, criminal justice and information technology. Our one-class-at-a-time schedules allow busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family. Whether you choose to attend online, on campus, or both you will be part of a caring learning environment led by experienced faculty who bring textbooks to life with real-world challenges and solutions. Our unique combination of a curriculum that is in pace with technology and the skills employers value along with our “students first” approach provides an outstanding academic experience.
Why Keiser University Online
Online Convenience to Help You Achieve Your Goals
From faculty to admissions, our staff is dedicated to your success.
- Accessible faculty and staff with small classes to ensure personalized attention for each student
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology in a user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources with access to all student services, including registration, instructional materials and an online library system with a wide range of academic journals, e-books, streaming videos, print titles and research databases
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools1
- Financial aid and scholarships available for those who qualify
- Military-friendly and committed to serving active members of the military, veterans and their families, with scholarships available for those who qualify.
- Approved for veterans training
- Transfer credits accepted subject to university approval
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and is a valued choice for career-motivated students. We offer associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in fields that are in demand, and we provide job placement assistance to students and alumni.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
1 Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job