Choose your Medical Billing & Coding program from the list of Michigan schools below. You may choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs, and from a variety of reputable Medical Billing degrees. Michigan’s Detroit, Grand Rapids, and Ann Arbor metropolitan areas are home to many of the state’s Medical Billing & Coding positions. With a wide variation of large cities and small suburbs, Michigan is in need of Medical Billers & Coders to work in small clinics and inner-city hopitals. Many of the state’s newest Medical Billers & Coders chose to change their career paths after a downturn in the economy, and they are now thriving in their new positions.
As a Michigan Medical Billing & Coding professional, you will:
- Document patient symptom and treatment information
- Code information according to universal medical coding systems
- Communicate treatment and billing information with insurance carriers
- Manage reimbursement for hospitals and physician practices
Some career figures for Medical Billers in Michigan:
- Average annual salary: $35,620
- Currently employed: 4,700
- Employment outlook: 20% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Michigan Medical Billing & Coding Schools Enrolling Now
Ultimate Medical Academy
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school-and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.