Choose your Medical Billing & Coding program from the list of Mississippi schools below. You may choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs, and from a variety of reputable Medical Billing degrees. The Jackson, Gulfport, and Hattiesburg areas have a lot of opportunities for Medical Billing & Coding professionals. The Magnolia State has a variety of schools that offer Medical Billing & Coding training, many of which are listed on this page. Employers often look to these schools to fill vacant positions in their health care facilities.
As a Mississippi Medical Billing & Coding professional, you will:
- Document patient symptom and treatment information
- Code information according to universal medical coding systems
- Communicate treatment and billing information with insurance carriers
- Manage reimbursement for hospitals and physician practices
Some career figures for Medical Billers in Mississippi:
- Average annual salary: $27,230
- Currently employed: 2,020
- Employment outlook: 20% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Mississippi Medical Billing & Coding Schools Enrolling Now