Choose your Medical Billing & Coding program from the list of New Mexico schools below. You may choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs, and from a variety of reputable Medical Billing degrees. Albuquerque, Las Cruces, Rio Rancho, and Santa Fe offer the most positions for Medical Billing & Coding professionals, but other areas in New Mexico are also experiencing a growth in demand. New Mexico is home to some of the largest hospitals in the Southwest, inculding Presbyterian Hospital, St. Joseph Hospital, and the University of New Mexico Hospitals. With this added growth, many schools like the ones listed on this page have added specialties in Medical Billing & Coding to their curricula. Obtaining higher education will greatly improve the chances of obtaining a position as a Medical Biller & Coder.
As a New Mexico Medical Billing & Coding professional, you will:
- Document patient symptom and treatment information
- Code information according to universal medical coding systems
- Communicate treatment and billing information with insurance carriers
- Manage reimbursement for hospitals and physician practices
Some career figures for Medical Billers in New Mexico:
- Average annual salary: $32,070
- Currently employed: 1,290
- Employment outlook: 20% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
New Mexico Medical Billing & Coding Schools Enrolling Now
Vista College El Paso
Enroll in a New Future at Vista College
Earn a Certificate, Diploma or Associate Degree in one of many careers!
Vista College offers numerous educational programs in Business, Healthcare, Technology and many other trades. Get the edge you need when looking for a new career or seeking to move up in your current occupation. The focused instruction and hands-on training offered at Vista College helps prepare you for the day-to-day challenges you’ll face in the real world.
You can earn an Associate or Bachelor’s Degree, diploma or certificate in your chosen field quickly, so you can be in your career as soon as possible. The training and skills you gain will prepare you for some of the most exciting careers today.
Vista College offers detailed instruction and in-depth training. We also provide additional tools you’ll need to gain a competitive edge in your job search after graduation.
Take advantage of these Vista College services:
- Day or evening classes
- Learn from industry experts
- Convenient class schedules
- Career Services Assistance for graduates
- Financial aid available for those who qualify
- Plus much more!
Enroll in a fresh start today at Vista College!
Vista College is accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
Vista College is recognized as being a military friendly college through the Servicemembers Opportunities Colleges (SOC).
3440 Bell St. – Suite 100.,
Amarillo, TX 79109
3871 Stagg Dr. Suite 194,
Beaumont, TX 77701
2704 South Texas Ave Ste #2,
College Station, TX 77840
6101 Montana Ave.,
El Paso, TX 79925
1200 S. Waldron Rd, Suite 122,
1001 S. Fort Hood St.,
Killeen, TX 76541
850 North Telshore Blvd., Suites F-G.,
Las Cruces, NM 88011
1905 W Loop 281, Suite 21.,
Longview, TX 75604
4620 50th St.,
Lubbock, TX 7941Fort Smith, AR 72903
Vista College Online
Our mission is YOUR SUCCESS!
When you succeed, we succeed. That is why we provide high-quality, specialized career preparation for all our students. Our goal is to help you find your rewarding career.
Our Mission Statement:
To provide high-quality, specialized career preparation or enhancement to meet and cope with technological changes resulting in employment and career success.
You can earn an Associate and Bachelor’s Degree, or diploma in your chosen field quickly, so you can be in your career as soon as possible. The training and skills you gain will prepare you for some of the most exciting careers today. Our programs include but not limited to: Allied Health, Information Technology, Legal, and Business.
Our degree and diploma courses will prepare you with the hands-on experience valued by employers. Once you graduate, you’ll benefit from our career services assistance.
Why go to college after high school?
“Full-time workers with an Associate Degree earn 17.7% more than those that only graduated High School.” Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics 2015 (www.bls.gov) Our courses combine classroom training, laboratory skills and hands-on experience to give you the best tools you’ll need to succeed.
If you’ve been struggling to get a job, an education with us could be your ticket to a better future for you and your family.
Vista College online campus is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Keiser University eCampus Online
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
From admissions to faculty, our staff is dedicated to student care:
- One-class-at-a-time scheduling. Instead of juggling multiple assignments and exams, take one class for four weeks before moving on.
- Small classes with accessible staff and faculty that foster a student-centered learning community
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology and user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources that include information and access to all student services
- Financial aid and scholarships are available for those who qualify
- Military friendly. Keiser University offers scholarships to qualified veterans, active-duty military personnel and their dependents. Keiser is a Yellow Ribbon Program participant and is approved for veterans training.
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and a valued choice for career-motivated students. Keiser University Online offers degrees in fields that are in demand and provides job placement assistance to its students and alumni. We research trends for growing fields and tailor our curriculum to prepare students for entry and advancement to rewarding careers.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist, and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates On Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education, everyone can now get the education they need for the life they want. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why So Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- All learning materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster Career School offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School offers low tuition and customized payment plans with 0% interest.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- As soon as students enroll, they immediately have access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).