Choose your Medical Billing & Coding program from the list of Oklahoma schools below. You may choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs, and from a variety of reputable Medical Billing degrees. The Sooner State offers a variety of programs that prepare graduates for careers as Medical Billing & Coding professionals. The areas with the most employment opportunities reside in the Oklahoma City and Tulsa metropolitan areas. Oklahoma University Medical Center in Oklahoma City is the largest hospital in the state, and is one of the largest for-profit hospitals in the nation. Many employers hire graduates of the programs listed below.
As an Oklahoma Medical Billing & Coding professional, you will:
- Document patient symptom and treatment information
- Code information according to universal medical coding systems
- Communicate treatment and billing information with insurance carriers
- Manage reimbursement for hospitals and physician practices
Some career figures for Medical Billers in Oklahoma:
- Average annual salary: $30,230
- Currently employed: 2,900
- Employment outlook: 20% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Oklahoma Medical Billing & Coding Schools Enrolling Now
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job