Choose your Medical Billing & Coding program from the list of Rhode Island schools below. You may choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs, and from a variety of reputable Medical Billing degrees. The Providence, Warwick, and Cranston areas have the largest number of Medical Billing & Coding positions available; however, the entire state is showing a growing need for the profession. Hospitals and clinics are seeking entry-level Medical Billing & Coding specialists that have education beyond a high school diploma. This specialized education can be found at one of the fine schools located at the bottom of this page.
As a Rhode Island Medical Billing & Coding professional, you will:
- Document patient symptom and treatment information
- Code information according to universal medical coding systems
- Communicate treatment and billing information with insurance carriers
- Manage reimbursement for hospitals and physician practices
Some career figures for Medical Billers in Rhode Island:
- Average annual salary: $37,980
- Currently employed: 760
- Employment outlook: 20% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Rhode Island Medical Billing & Coding Schools Enrolling Now