Choose your Medical Billing & Coding program from the list of Rhode Island schools below. You may choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs, and from a variety of reputable Medical Billing degrees. The Providence, Warwick, and Cranston areas have the largest number of Medical Billing & Coding positions available; however, the entire state is showing a growing need for the profession. Hospitals and clinics are seeking entry-level Medical Billing & Coding specialists that have education beyond a high school diploma. This specialized education can be found at one of the fine schools located at the bottom of this page.
As a Rhode Island Medical Billing & Coding professional, you will:
- Document patient symptom and treatment information
- Code information according to universal medical coding systems
- Communicate treatment and billing information with insurance carriers
- Manage reimbursement for hospitals and physician practices
Some career figures for Medical Billers in Rhode Island:
- Average annual salary: $37,980
- Currently employed: 760
- Employment outlook: 20% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Rhode Island Medical Billing & Coding Schools Enrolling Now
Ashworth offers respected, affordable online degree programs and expert guidance to help you meet your goals while balancing work and family. Now you can get the precise training you need to become the professional you’ve always wanted to be. And you can go as far as your education takes you.