Choose your Medical Billing & Coding program from the list of Virginia schools below. You may choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs, and from a variety of reputable Medical Billing degrees. The majority of openings in Virginia exist in the Virginia Beach, Richmond, and Suffolk metropolitan areas. Inova Fairfax, VCU Health System, and the University of Virginia Medical Center are the top employers of medical professionals in the state. Many Medical Billing & Coding professionals who reside in Virginia have graduated from one of the schools listed below. Home to the nation’s largest naval base, a portion of the Medical Billers and Coders that reside in Virginia are military spouses who work from home.
As a Virginia Medical Billing & Coding professional, you will:
- Document patient symptom and treatment information
- Code information according to universal medical coding systems
- Communicate treatment and billing information with insurance carriers
- Manage reimbursement for hospitals and physician practices
Some career figures for medical billing & coding graduates in Virginia:
- Average annual salary: $35,200
- Currently employed: 3,740
- Employment outlook: 20% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.