Choose your Medical Billing & Coding program from the list of Washington DC schools below. You may choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs, and from a variety of reputable Medical Billing degrees. Most hospitals and clinics in the District of Columbia require an advanced degree from a reputable college or university. Many of these programs are listed on the bottom of this page.
As a Washington DC Medical Billing & Coding professional, you will:
- Document patient symptom and treatment information
- Code information according to universal medical coding systems
- Communicate treatment and billing information with insurance carriers
- Manage reimbursement for hospitals and physician practices
Some career figures for Medical Billers in Washington DC:
- Average annual salary: $43,140
- Currently employed: 540
- Employment outlook: 20% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Washington DC Medical Billing & Coding Schools Enrolling Now