Choose your Medical Billing & Coding program from the list of Washington schools below. You may choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs, and from a variety of reputable Medical Billing degrees. The Seattle, Spokane, Tacoma, and Vancouver areas offer the most opportunities for Medical Billing & Coding professionals to find positions in hospitals and clinics. Many current Medical Billers & Coders graduated from one of the colleges below, and some were placed in their current positions through their schools’ career services department.
As a Washington Medical Billing & Coding professional, you will:
- Document patient symptom and treatment information
- Code information according to universal medical coding systems
- Communicate treatment and billing information with insurance carriers
- Manage reimbursement for hospitals and physician practices
Some career figures for Medical Billers in Washington:
- Average annual salary: $37,630
- Currently employed: 4,920
- Employment outlook: 20% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Washington Medical Billing & Coding Schools Enrolling Now
Four Great Reasons To Choose Carrington
ONE-ON-ONE TUITION PLANNING
More than 80% of Carrington College students use some form on financial aid1 to help cover the cost of their education2. That’s why we offer personalized counseling from a Student Finance Advisor to help make your college experience more affordable.
1. Student loans, grants and scholarships are available to those who qualify.
2. Percentage calculated by Carrington College for the 2015-16 school year.
You want a hands-on career, and your Carrington College education will help get you there. From blood draws to x-rays, our courses are designed to let you practice your skills in the lab so you’ll be ready for your career when you graduate.
You can feel confident knowing your instructors are bringing years of real-world experience in to the classroom. Our qualified instructors are dedicated to helping prepare you for your future. They know what skills you’ll use in your career, and they’ll teach you what matters.
Carrington offers you the opportunity to practice your skills in the real-world before you graduate. Clinical rotations and externships are an important part of your education. You’ll get to learn from professionals in your chosen career field and make important connections for your future.
Carrington College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACCJC/WASC), 10 Commercial Blvd., Suite 204, Novato, CA 94949, (415)506-0234, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. Additional information about accreditation, including the filing of complaints against member institutions, can be found at www.accjc.org.
Keiser University eCampus Online
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online? Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
From admissions to faculty, our staff is dedicated to student care:
- One-class-at-a-time scheduling. Instead of juggling multiple assignments and exams, take one class for four weeks before moving on.
- Small classes with accessible staff and faculty that foster a student-centered learning community
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology and user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources that include information and access to all student services
- Financial aid and scholarships are available for those who qualify
- Military friendly. Keiser University offers scholarships to qualified veterans, active-duty military personnel and their dependents. Keiser is a Yellow Ribbon Program participant and approved for veterans training.
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and a valued choice for career-motivated students. Keiser University Online offers degrees in fields that are in demand and provides job placement assistance to its students and alumni. We research trends for growing fields and tailor our curriculum to prepare students for entry and advancement to rewarding careers.