Choose your Medical Billing & Coding program from the list of West Virginia schools below. You may choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs, and from a variety of reputable Medical Billing degrees. The Mountain State has a high demand for qualified Medical Billing & Coding specialists, such as graduates from the programs listed on this page. In particular, the demand for these specialists is highest in the Charleston, Huntington, and Parkersburg areas of West Virginia. West Virginia United Health System is the largest employer of medical professionals in the state and has four convenient locations.
As a West Virginia Medical Billing & Coding professional, you will:
- Document patient symptom and treatment information
- Code information according to universal medical coding systems
- Communicate treatment and billing information with insurance carriers
- Manage reimbursement for hospitals and physician practices
Some career figures for Medical Billers in West Virginia:
- Average annual salary: $27,750
- Currently employed: 1,260
- Employment outlook: 20% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
West Virginia Medical Billing & Coding Schools Enrolling Now