Choose your Medical Billing & Coding program from the list of Hawaii schools below. You may choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs, and from a variety of reputable Medical Billing degrees. The Aloha State always has high demand for Medical Billers & Coders, particularly in the Honolulu, Hilo, and Kailua areas. Hawaii is home to many small hospitals, as well as a few larger health care systems such as Kaiser Permanente. Hawaii has one of the longest projected lifespans of any state, which requires additional health care professionals for the elderly population. Most hospitals and clinics require Medical Billing & Coding professionals to attain higher education before employment, which can be found at one of the schools listed below.
As a Hawaii Medical Billing & Coding professional, you will:
- Document patient symptom and treatment information
- Code information according to universal medical coding systems
- Communicate treatment and billing information with insurance carriers
- Manage reimbursement for hospitals and physician practices
Some career figures for Medical Billers in Hawaii:
- Average annual salary: $42,430
- Currently employed: 600
- Employment outlook: 20% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Hawaii Medical Billing & Coding Schools Enrolling Now
Keiser University eCampus Online
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online? Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
From admissions to faculty, our staff is dedicated to student care:
- One-class-at-a-time scheduling. Instead of juggling multiple assignments and exams, take one class for four weeks before moving on.
- Small classes with accessible staff and faculty that foster a student-centered learning community
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology and user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources that include information and access to all student services
- Financial aid and scholarships are available for those who qualify
- Military friendly. Keiser University offers scholarships to qualified veterans, active-duty military personnel and their dependents. Keiser is a Yellow Ribbon Program participant and approved for veterans training.
We help you find your new career
Our Department of Student Services will support you in your job search and help you achieve your career goals with services including counseling, assisting you with resume preparation, building a cover letter, and developing your interviewing skills.
Although Keiser University provides placement assistance, we cannot promise or guarantee employment.
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and a valued choice for career-motivated students. Keiser University Online offers degrees in fields that are in demand and provides job placement assistance to its students and alumni. We research trends for growing fields and tailor our curriculum to prepare students for entry and advancement to rewarding careers.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist, and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.read less