Choose your Medical Billing & Coding program from the list of Louisiana schools below. You may choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs, and from a variety of reputable Medical Billing degrees. The New Orleans, Baton Rouge, and Lafayette metropolitan areas have many employment opportunities for qualified Medical Billing & Coding professionals. Many of the health care facilities in Louisiana hire graduates of the schools listed below, which provide the training required to become a successful Medical Coding & Billing professional.
As a Louisiana Medical Billing & Coding professional, you will:
- Document patient symptom and treatment information
- Code information according to universal medical coding systems
- Communicate treatment and billing information with insurance carriers
- Manage reimbursement for hospitals and physician practices
Some career figures for Medical Billers in Louisiana:
- Average annual salary: $29,120
- Currently employed: 2,470
- Employment outlook: 20% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Louisiana Medical Billing & Coding Schools Enrolling Now