Choose your Medical Billing & Coding program from the list of Maryland schools below. You may choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs, and from a variety of reputable Medical Billing degrees. Home to Johns Hopkins Hospital, many consider Maryland to be the leader in patient care. The majority of positions available to Medical Billers & Coders reside in the Baltimore, Columbia, and Annapolis metropolitan areas. Most of the Medical Billing & Coding professionals currenly working in Maryland have graduated from one of the institutions listed below.
As a Maryland Medical Billing & Coding professional, you will:
- Document patient symptom and treatment information
- Code information according to universal medical coding systems
- Communicate treatment and billing information with insurance carriers
- Manage reimbursement for hospitals and physician practices
Some career figures for Medical Billers in Maryland:
- Average annual salary: $40,930
- Currently employed: 3,130
- Employment outlook: 20% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Maryland Medical Billing & Coding Schools Enrolling Now