Choose your Medical Billing & Coding program from the list of Michigan schools below. You may choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs, and from a variety of reputable Medical Billing degrees. Michigan’s Detroit, Grand Rapids, and Ann Arbor metropolitan areas are home to many of the state’s Medical Billing & Coding positions. With a wide variation of large cities and small suburbs, Michigan is in need of Medical Billers & Coders to work in small clinics and inner-city hopitals. Many of the state’s newest Medical Billers & Coders chose to change their career paths after a downturn in the economy, and they are now thriving in their new positions.
As a Michigan Medical Billing & Coding professional, you will:
- Document patient symptom and treatment information
- Code information according to universal medical coding systems
- Communicate treatment and billing information with insurance carriers
- Manage reimbursement for hospitals and physician practices
Some career figures for Medical Billers in Michigan:
- Average annual salary: $35,620
- Currently employed: 4,700
- Employment outlook: 20% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Michigan Medical Billing & Coding Schools Enrolling Now
Unfortunately there are no schools currently enrolling in this area.
Please check again later, or click here to broaden your search.