Choose your Medical Billing & Coding program from the list of North Carolina schools below. You may choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs, and from a variety of reputable Medical Billing degrees. The Charlotte, Raleigh, and Greensboro metropolitan areas have many employment opportunities for professional Medical Billers and Coders. The Tar Heel State has multiple schools offering Medical Billing & Coding training programs. One of the top three states for the medical sciences, North Carolina is committed to being on the forefront of industry trends and regulations, making it the perfect place to start your Medical Billing & Coding education.
Many Medical Billing professionals work from home. Make sure you find the best training program possible to take advantage of this unique career path.
As a North Carolina Medical Billing & Coding professional, you will:
- Document patient symptom and treatment information
- Code information according to universal medical coding systems
- Communicate treatment and billing information with insurance carriers
- Manage reimbursement for hospitals and physician practices
Some career figures for Medical Billers in North Carolina:
- Average annual salary: $32,300
- Currently employed: 5,110
- Employment outlook: 20% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
North Carolina Medical Billing & Coding Schools Enrolling Now