Choose your Medical Billing & Coding program from the list of South Dakota schools below. You may choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs, and from a variety of reputable Medical Billing degrees. The major metropolitan areas of Sioux Falls, Rapid City, and Aberdeen have the most employment opportunities for Medical Billing & Coding professionals in South Dakota. The Avera Health Care System is not only the largest employer of health care professionals in the state, but it is also one of the largest employers in South Dakota. Most hospitals and clinics in South Dakota require specialized training for entry-level Medical Billers & Coders. This education can be found at any of the schools listed at the bottom of this page.
As a South Dakota Medical Billing & Coding professional, you will:
- Document patient symptom and treatment information
- Code information according to universal medical coding systems
- Communicate treatment and billing information with insurance carriers
- Manage reimbursement for hospitals and physician practices
Some career figures for Medical Billers in South Dakota:
- Average annual salary: $32,810
- Currently employed: 970
- Employment outlook: 20% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
South Dakota Medical Billing & Coding Schools Enrolling Now
Unfortunately there are no schools currently enrolling in this area.
Please check again later, or click here to broaden your search.