Choose your Medical Billing & Coding program from the list of Tennessee schools below. You may choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs, and from a variety of reputable Medical Billing degrees. The Nashville and Memphis metropolitan areas have an increasing number of Medical Billing & Coding positions through the areas’ hospitals and clinics. Tennessee has numerous institutions that provide the training needed to become a Medical Biller & Coder. Many of the state’s Medical Billing & Coding professionals have graduated from one of the schools listed below.
As a Tennessee Medical Billing & Coding professional, you will:
- Document patient symptom and treatment information
- Code information according to universal medical coding systems
- Communicate treatment and billing information with insurance carriers
- Manage reimbursement for hospitals and physician practices
Some career figures for medical billing & coding graduates in Tennessee:
- Average annual salary: $31,000
- Currently employed: 3,310
- Employment outlook: 20% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Tennessee Medical Billing & Coding Schools Enrolling Now