Choose your Medical Billing & Coding program from the list of Alaska schools below. You may choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs, and from a variety of reputable Medical Billing degrees. The majority of Medical Billing & Coding positions in Alaska are located in Anchorage, Juneau, Fairbanks, and Wasilla. However, even small towns have clinics and other health care facilities that need Medical Coders & Billers to operate. With well-respected hospitals such as Fairbanks Memorial and Alaska Regional, Alaska has established a solid health care system in constant need of medical professionals. Education to become a Medical Biller & Coder can be completed in the classroom or online, with many of the schools listed below.
As an Alaska Medical Billing & Coding professional, you will:
- Document patient symptom and treatment information
- Code information according to universal medical coding systems
- Communicate treatment and billing information with insurance carriers
- Manage reimbursement for hospitals and physician practices
Some career figures for Medical Billers in Alaska:
- Average annual salary: $39,300
- Currently employed: 560
- Employment outlook: 20% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Alaska Medical Billing & Coding Schools Enrolling Now
Unfortunately there are no schools currently enrolling in this area.
Please check again later, or click here to broaden your search.